Friday, February 09, 2007

Superbowls Ads - Part 2

I heard at one point in the 'big day, big build up' that some guy was looking for a company to sponsor his marriage proposal on an ad during the Superbowl. At $2.6 million per 30 second spot, I doubt any company could justify such a prank (and because I can't see the ads in Canada, I don't really know if he succeeded).

My suggestion - and I know that in some strange way, the good folks at the CRTC were thinking about us on this one - was to buy an ad on Global TV Maritimes for a pittance, fly his fiance to Nova Scotia and buy a big screen TV to watch the Superbowl game. On Global, he could have even bought multiple spots and possibly even naming rights (perhaps erasing the dreaded 'Permacrete Bowl' from memory). Talk about a better investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home